Use of information
We are committed to ensuring your privacy is protected. Frogs & Friends will not collect any information about individuals, except where it is specifically and knowingly provided by them.
Examples of such information are:
- Your name
- Contact information including email address
- Demographical information such as postcode and country
The information collected will be used to send you the information you have requested and to provide information that may be useful to you. Frogs & Friends maintains strict policies to avoid unsolicited correspondence. We do not sell or share any information about individual users.
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your device when you visit a website. Cookies are then sent back to the original website on each subsequent visit to improve your online experience e.g. letting you navigate between pages efficiently and remembering your preferences.
Computer profile information
Our website automatically detects information relating to the display properties of your computer. This information is collected in order to help understand the ways through which people access the site. This could help us in future to better support different platforms such as for example, mobile phones and tablets.
Any information submitted to this site is used expressly for the use of 360 Frogs & Friends and the purpose for which you provided it. Frogs & Friends will not pass your information to any other parties, unless required by law.
In addition to the company's safeguards, your personal data is protected in the UK by the Data Protection Act 1998. This provides amongst other things that the data we hold about you should be processed lawfully and fairly. It should be accurate, relevant and not excessive. The information should be kept up to date, where necessary, and not retained for longer than necessary. It should be kept securely to prevent unauthorised access by other people. If you have concerns about the processing of your personal data by Frogs & Friends please contact us. If you find any inaccuracies, we will delete or correct them promptly.
Any changes to this policy will be posted here.
Frogs & Friends treats all the data held with the utmost care and security. Any details you give will remain completely confidential.
Frogs & Friends shall have no liability to you for any interruption or delay in access to this site irrespective of the cause.
Frogs & Friends does not store your credit card details. We use a third party, Participant, to collect and process payments.
RECORDING OF IMAGES POLICY
Schools, playgroups and sports clubs have always used photographs and videos as a way of celebrating achievement or improving performance. Parents, families and children can derive great pleasure from seeing themselves or loved ones in print or on video.
In general, Frogs & Friends believes that recording images of children’s involvement in Swimming can be beneficial. In order to ensure that the potential for any misuse of images is minimised, it is important that this policy is followed.
CONCERNS ABOUT RECORDING IMAGES
In order to understand the reasons for the various rules and restrictions relating to the recording of images it is important to understand how they can be misused.
The key concerns regarding the use of images of children are:
- People taking inappropriate photographs or recorded images of children.
- The possible identification of children when a photograph or recorded image is accompanied by inappropriate information - in particular this can be used to give credence to a stranger pretending that they know a child with a view to abduction or grooming or may allow an estranged parent to track down children in contravention to a court order.
- The inappropriate use, adaptation or copying of images for use on websites showing child abuse images.
BENEFITS OF RECORDING IMAGES
Frogs & Friends believes that the benefits of recording images in a responsible manner outweighs the potential concerns and would recommend that parents/guardians agree to the images of their child being recorded within the terms of this policy.
Frogs & Friends believes that the recording of swimmers has many benefits for children in particular:
- Videos are an invaluable coaching aid and are used as such extensively by top international coaches and swimmers.
- Teachers can video areas of a stroke that may need improvement and can give instant visual feedback to swimmer or parent.
- Parents are able to watch clips at home with their child and explain what they are working towards and what can be done to improve a stroke or skill.
- Parents can share magic moments with other members of the family.
- Parents are able to see historical progress.
GUIDELINES TO BE FOLLOWED BY STAFF
Staff who take photographs and videos must have a valid reason for doing so and must only do so by using the ‘Class Capture Mobile App’. This image is then saved in a parent’s online account at www.frogsandfriends.org
- The photographer/camera person must make themselves known to the parent prior to taking any images.
- The use of mobile phones, cameras, iPads or any form of photographic or video imaging is forbidden in the changing room.
- The taking of images of a child or young person in a one to one situation with an adult is to be avoided whenever possible; unless there is an agreed, specified reason for doing so.
- No images or video clips will be distributed to third parties without parental consent.
All photographs and videos must observe generally accepted standards of decency in particular:
- Action shots should be a celebration of the sporting activity and not a sexualised image in a sporting context.
- Action shots should not be taken or retained where the photograph or video reveals a torn or displaced swimming costume.
- Poolside shots of children should normally be above the waist only in a swimming costume.
- Photographs should not be taken from behind swimming blocks at the start of a race or exhibit young swimmers climbing out of the swimming pool.
When creating an online account at www.frogsandfriends.org, while adding a child to your parent account, you will asked to either opt in or out of the Class Capture video function. Once you have selected ‘opt in’ a video analysis feature will be displayed in your child’s profile within the teacher’s registers.
If during the registration process, you decide to opt out, the teacher’s ability to record your child during their lessons will no longer be available as an option on their class register.
REPORTING OF CONCERNS
Any concerns about inappropriate or intrusive photography should be reported to the Frogs & Friends support office.